Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Lord is Great

Today's card uses a stamp set I reach for many times:  Baroque Motifs from Stampin' Up!  Unfortunately, it's no longer available, although the digital version is.


My card is almost an exact copy of the one I found here on Splitcoast Stampers.  The paper I used is Soft Suede by Stampin' Up!, white, and blue from the Seaside pack by The Paper Company, which I found at JoAnn's.  The brown ink is Chocolate by Impress; the blue is Ballet Blue by Stampin' Up!

For the squares, I used Spellbinders Classic Squares, both large and small.  By combining the two sets, I was able to cut squares that were each 1/4" larger than the previous one.  I couldn't do that for the rectangles, so I just used my paper trimmer to cut the brown layer 1/4" larger than the stamped piece.

The stamp is an old one by Biblical Impressions.  In fact, a lot of my supplies for this card are older ones!  I tend to hold on to ink pads and stamps that I like rather than getting rid of them.

A pearl in Brilliant Blue by Queen & Co. finished off the card.


No comments: