Monday, January 26, 2015

Thinking of You

I wish I had something other than cards to share with you, but I wasn't able to do much else during 2014 due to all the tendinitis I have in my elbow and one shoulder.  I have missed cross stitching; in fact, I just finished the ornament for my daughter and son-in-law!  Since I am a slow stitcher and can't stitch for more than an hour at a time, it takes a long time to finish anything.  I still have to stitch my other daughter's ornament.  I think I will just give them two ornaments this year.


I started this card by stamping flowers from Stampin' Up!s Sweet Stems set, which is now retired, in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I then cut them out using a Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large die, then matting them with Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Large.  The ribbon behind the ovals is from the dollar store, and the rhinestones are Pretty Pink from Queen & Co.  I attached them with Glossy Accents since I wanted to make sure they would stay on the ribbon.

For the sentiment, I cut it three times using the Thinking of You die from Simon Says Stamp, then glued them on top of each other using little dots of Tombow Mono Multi Glue.  I glued them to the card with more of the Tombow glue.

My inspiration for this card can be found here.


No comments: